11 February 2009

I had food. It was DELICIOUS

Catching up on a few things.

This, by the way, is why it's often hard to get any blogging done: Saw a post from my Sis-in-Law on twitter, decided to give her a call (I've made about 9* outgoing calls in the last 3 months, and most of them were to my mom). Based on the call, I decided I need to write to DH, and my brother, and do a round of blog-updating.

(*Oh, and in the process of checking that number I saw I missed a call and had to take a break to google the number, as I didn't recognize it... maybe a wrong number)

I'm not a scatterbrain, I just try to do things simultaneously and trip over myself.


In any case, I'll try put all of those things on hold to recount some of what's happened recently.

Last Thursday I got a letter from DH. It was okay. Short, and not a lot of news, personal or otherwise. I was frustrated and tried not to think about it to much, but buckle myself in for another week of waiting.

Friday, however, I got another letter from DH, and this one was twice as long as the previous. Hooray! I didn't tell anyone I got the second letter for a few days, wanting to spend some time "alone" with DH. It's about time I got over that, though, and scanned/transcribed some of those letters.

Saturday was a quiet day at home. I think. Most of my journaling is still in letters to DH, so I'd have to consult those to know for sure. Certainly nothing noteworthy happened. I watched Battlestar Galactica. I know that much. I also spent an hour or so simply relaxing, listening to music, and working through some things that haunted my mind. (I'll try to revisit this)

On Sunday Mrs. Host, her best friend, and I went for a tour of parks in Nashville. We took cameras and hit up the mosaic dragon at Fannie Mae Dees Park for a picnic. I was especially eager to go along as DH had requested that I send photos of myself, and had none since my arrival in TN.



It was quite warm and there were many people about, but all the plants still looked winter-dead. the contrast made me feel like it was some sort of post-apocalyptic scene.



Then we went to Centennial Park, which was beautiful and full of people playing frisbee.



Ah, no people in that photo, but some nice shapes and shadows on the back steps of the replica Parthenon. Here are some people.



If you promise not to reveal my super secret identity, you can check out more of my photos from the day on flickr.


That night, and also Monday, I dealt with the fallout of taking a week long break from updating Lily and Wyett. Or making progress painting it, either. I've had a growing frustration in the past week as I've struggled with having to change materials (and find replacement materials), and deal with the break in painting/posting momentum.

I sought advice from artistic friends, both on what materials I should be looking for, and also advice on dealing with a webcomic hiatus, which tends to have a very bad reputation (as a concept). Since then I've come to peacefully accept that Lily and Wyett is on hold until I make it to the big art store in Nashville and find hot press watercolor paper, and I'm doing my best to spend the week well.

Monday night I had an amazing experience while drawing. It was too good to bury down in the depths of this post. I celebrated the nice weather by playing in traffic, too. (Walking to the drug store to pick up photos.)

Tuesday was my "Valentines Day". After an afternoon of being terrifically domestic (to the extent that I washed my sheets!), I spent the evening painting something for DH and listening to the All Songs Considered gang chat about love songs. The whole episode.

I included three photos with the painting and DH's letter for yesterday. I also put two stamps on the envelope, just in case,

Today I've done various things as wards against the plague that's hit both other members of the household. OJ before bed, sleeping as long as I needed to, light exercise, ginger tea... Hopefully if I keep this up I'll manage to stay healthy! Having a cold without DH here to bring me soup and food would be quite awful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Walking to...?? Don't leave us hanging! ;-)

Annie said...

Walgreens, to get photos. ;P