05 February 2009

Lover's Song

I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts on my mp3 player. When I went to brush my teeth (before making the last post), I skipped ahead to a music podcast because I didn't feel like listening to anything long or news-related.

That was nice (blues-y). The next one up, as I typed up the other post, was this edition of NPR's Second Stage.

I hear Aidan Moffat singing "da da da daaa" into my ears, and the song, recorded in layers using only his voice (and maybe strings), follows:

I sing my lover's song
last thing at night
it helps my heart to rest
it helps me sleep the best
I sing my lover's song
when it is late
bad news but I don't care
I whistle everywhere

....

I sing my lover's song
from far away

....

I sing my lover's song
all day each day

....


The "...." means there were lyrics I couldn't quite make out. But I could understand the important and incredibly fitting words just fine.

You can stream the song from NPR, or download an mp3 of it from this blog.

No comments: