18 January 2009

Time Stand Still...? (Day 7)

Time Stand Still by Rush


(The audio is better in the music video version, but the visuals are just crazy)

lyrics, for the curious

And minor discovery: Amiee Mann did the female vocals (...on the album version), and played herself in the music video. The more you know!

Besides being one of my favorite songs, TSS is appropriate because I find myself wishing time would slow down for a minute or five or sixty. In the evenings I freak out that there are so few hours left in the day.

Shouldn't I be on the other side of things? Being glad each day is over because it hastens my return to CA and DH? But no, I'm wanting to accomplish as much as possible each day.


Didn't accomplish much yesterday, either, at least not in the objective, working-towards-goals sense. Spontaneous trips around town contribute to that, or, in yesterday's case, to Nashville, about 30 minutes away.

Something that did occur to me yesterday was a new mental plan for how to treat being apart from DH. I've created a fictional "tomorrow" for myself, a carrot on a stick to keep me moving forward. It's very simplistic, really, something that might have roots in a less modern society. DH isn't coming home today, so I tell myself I'll see him "tomorrow". The next time the sun rises, it'll be "today" again, and "tomorrow" is pushed off into an infinite future.

Another way of putting it: I have no chronological depth perception.

Thus, on good days, I tell myself "tomorrow! get lots done and be impressive!" Unfortunately, it doesn't work well on days that I fail to produce art on.

I talk like I'm old hat at this. It's been less than a week.

No comments: